Premier Membership Agreement
Read and agree to the following conditions before joining the Steep River Collective (the “Collective”) and associating with fellow members.
Your signature below shall be evidence that you have read and agree to the terms and conditions of this membership agreement (the “Agreement”) and desire to be an adjunct member of the Collective. Your information will be kept in strict confidentiality. We will never sell, share, or otherwise distribute it to outside parties.
The Collective is composed entirely of legally qualified medical cannabis patients and caregivers who have chosen to collectively associate in order to: 1) further the development of physical, mental and emotional fitness of its members, 2) find solutions for, and share knowledge of, the health problems of its members, and 3) facilitate and/or coordinate the cultivation and distribution among its members of herbal remedies, including cannabis, for medical purposes as lawfully permitted under the laws of the State of California, including but not limited to the cultivation of medical cannabis (CA H&S Code 11362.775).
In order to be a member and maintain membership you must qualify as a member, and maintain that qualification. Minimum qualification requires that you:
- at all times are an adult California resident, 21 years of age or older, qualified patient or primary caregiver
- abide by the Bylaws and Rules and Regulations of Steep River and the laws of the State of California and the City of Los Angeles as it pertains to medical cannabis
- timely pay all contributions, dues, assessments and/or fees
- refrain from use Medical Marijuana for other than medicinal purposes and from any other unlawful purpose under the laws of the State of California, and refrain from distribution of medical cannabis received from Steep River to non-members
- not suffer conviction of any drug related felony within the last 5 years, including violation of Section 11351, 11351.5, 11352, 11355, 11359, 11360, 11378, 11378.5, 11379, 11379.5, 11379.6, 11380, 11382, 11383 of the Health and Safety Code or Section 182 of the Penal Code, or a felony violation of Health and Safety Code Section 11366.8, insofar as the offense involves manufacture, sale, possession for sale, offer for sale, or offer to manufacture, or conspiracy to commit at least one of those offenses.
Acceptance of your membership and access to the premises, products and services of Steep River is expressly conditioned upon truthful information having been provided in this application. You agree to immediately report to the Collective any circumstance affecting your qualification. You are associated with other Collective members and agree to faithfully follow and obey all Collective Bylaws, Rules and Regulations as outlined in the patient orientation package and the laws of the State of California as it pertains to medical cannabis. As a member you are agreeing that the Collective may facilitate and/or coordinate the cultivation and distribution of medical cannabis jointly and collectively for the members, including by possession of medical cannabis on your behalf. You agree to accept notice of membership matters by electronic transmission. The e-mail address provided on this form as the address on record of the member, until changed in writing by the member. You consent to inspection and coping of records of the Collective as specified in SEC. 188.8.131.52. Article 5.1 to Chapter IV of the Los Angeles Municipal Code.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK/LIABILITY WAIVER & RELEASE
You acknowledge and understand that you are participating in membership activities, using the services of Steep River, as well as products received, used or possessed (including cannabis) at your own risk. Steep River and the members, officers, employees, agents, contractors and affiliates of the Collective shall not be liable — and you hereby expressly wave any claim of liability — for personal/bodily injury or damages — which occur to you, for any and all loss or injury to person or property. This waiver is intended to be a complete release of any responsibility for personal injuries and/or property loss/damage you sustain arising from membership actives, arise from use of services, and/or arise from possession or use of products (including cannabis) obtained as a member and/or occur, whether using services or products or not. IN CONSIDERATION OF BEING PERMITTED TO PARTICIPATE AS A MEMBER AND/OR IN ANY MEMBER ACTIVITY, AND/OR USE OR POSSESSION OF ANY PRODUCT (INCLUDING CANNABIS) RECEIVED AS A MEMBER, IN CONNECTION WITH THIS MEMBERSHIP OR MEMBERSHIP ACTIVITY OR USE OR POSSESSION, YOU AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING:
1. YOU HEREBY RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE STEEP RIVER, ITS EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS AND AGENTS (hereinafter referred to as “releasees”) from all liability to you, your personal representatives, assigns, heirs and next of kin for any loss, damage, or claim therefore on account of injury to your person or property, whether caused by any negligent act or omission of the releasees or otherwise while you are participating as a member and/or membership activity in connection with the activity and/or using or possessing any products (including cannabis) received as a member of Steep River;
2. YOU HEREBY AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS the releasees from all liability, claims, demands, causes of action, charges, expenses, and attorney fees resulting from your involvement as a member of Steep River, whether caused by any negligent act or omission of the releasees or otherwise;
3. YOU HEREBY ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR AND RISK OF BODILY INJURY, DEATH OR PROPERTY DAMAGE while participating in membership activity or by use or possession of any product (including cannabis) received as a member of Steep River, whether caused by any negligent act or omission of releasees or otherwise. You expressly agree that the foregoing release and waiver, indemnity agreement and assumption of risk are intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by California law. You acknowledge that you are not relying upon any representation by Steep River or any agent of Steep River as to your suitability to engage in membership activities and/or the suitability or condition of any products (including cannabis) received, used, or possessed by you. You expressly agree that you are relying exclusively upon you own judgment and opinions and/or those of your health care providers or other professionals as to your suitability to engage in membership activities and/or the use or possession of products (including cannabis) and/or condition of any products (including cannabis) received, used, or possessed by you. You are strongly advised to consult with health care providers and professionals with appropriate qualifications as to your suitability to engage in membership activities or suitability to engage in membership activities or the suitability or condition of any products (including cannabis) received, used, or possessed by you.
I understand that I am a beneficial, non-voting member of this Collective only, and that I am not entitled to vote or engage in any management or decision-making of the Collective, or to speak or act on behalf of the Collective.
I have the right to withdraw voluntarily from the Collective at any time by submitting a written and signed statement of withdrawal to the Collective.
I may be expelled from the Collective for failure to comply with the Bylaws, Rules and Regulations of the Collective or of any part of this Agreement, or for any other reason whatsoever.
I do not have the right to issue any statement, written or verbal, regarding any matter related to the activities of the Collective, its members, agents, or delegates, to any outside party, including but not limited to law enforcement, media, public officials, or any curious third party, without prior authorization from the Board of Directors of the Collective.
In signing this document, I declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of the State of California, that the foregoing information and declarations are true and accurate to the best of my knowledge. I authorize my physician to verify to the Collective his/her recommendation for use of medical cannabis.